The Grammy Awards were held this week, and none of the Thirstyboys were in attendance. However, to mark the occasion we consulted with The Jesuit, our resident man of the cloth and music guru. We came up with the following five tunes about beer that may not have won Grammy Awards but should be better known.
1. There stands the glass – Webb Pierce
2. Give me a pig foot and a bottle of beer – Bessie Smith
3. Beer for breakfast – The Replacements
4. Bubbles in my beer – Bob Willis and the Texas Playboys
5. What made Milwaukee famous made a loser out of me – Jerry Lee Lewis